Advanced Fighter Replenishment

Primitive Heatsinks
Light Shields
Primitive Kinetic Defense
Primitive Sensors

Species:

Scientific: Stanslecertae Sapiens
Cultural: Centu

Centu are omnivorous reptile-like humanoids with an average lifespan of 93 years. Centu appearance is very similar to that of humans, but their muscle tissue is slightly denser, giving them a wiry strength. Although many of their more reptilian features are concealed, their hyoid bone, located in their throats, is particularly developed. This allows them to inflate their throats and produce vocal sounds outside of the human range. They also have two sets of eyelids, akin to crocodiles. The inner lid is milky white and closes from the left and right, while the outer lid is black and closes from top and bottom. Unlike humans, centu do not possess the ability to shed tears. Displays of extreme sadness are purely behavioral.

Because the centu ancestors emerged from arid, rocky deserts, the humid, ocean-covered colony of Tw'Nwab proved tolerable only when the centu stayed inside a climate-controlled dome city, and outside of the city only with special climate-controlled suits. The leading cause of death for centu on Tw'Nwab is Suthraz's Syndrome, caused by cumulative long-term exposure to a humid climate. This syndrome erodes the ability of centu lungs to take in oxygen, and eventually spreads out to other organs. It is noncommunicable, and there is currently no known cure.

The centu possess eidetic memory, an adaptation to a world where they must remember the location of every necessary resource (vegetation, drinkable water and prey migration paths) across vast distances. The memories are so strong that an external stimulus can trigger a powerful memory recall. These recalls are so vivid and detailed that some centu may mistake it for reality. Centu possess the ability to exchange memories through direct hand-to-hand contact. Frequent memory exchangement in certain individuals may result in multiple-personality disorder or loss of one's original identity entirely. The condition only effects certain centu with a specific recessive gene.

Being cold-blooded, centu activity is more viable in hot weather than in colder. Recent advancements in science have made temperature-controlled clothing possible, but not yet widely available to the public. Such clothing would allow centu to be as active as warm-blooded creatures while still enjoying the benefits of being cold-blooded organisms. Temperature-controlled technology is already available in military-grade suits.

The centu skin (or rather, scale) color ranges from darker or lighter shades of orange, green, and blue. Typically, centu possess the ability to darken or lighten their scale pigmentation in order to absorb more or less light. Skin may also darken or lighten depending on the mood of a centu.

Homeworld Name: Crazan
Homeworld Location: 0I; 013
Homeworld Description:

Crazan is a harsh planet, the first life crawling out of the sea and into the desert continents that span the face of the globe. From the evolutionary chain spawned the centu and a variety of other creatures, the majority of which are large reptilians much like the dinosaurs of ancient Earth. In its unique half-desert half-forest environment, Crazan has grown a variety of spices and herbs which the planet has become renowned throughout the galaxy for, and is the main export of the Covenant. The temperature of the planet rarely goes under 80 degrees Farenheit and rarely over 116, a range the life of the planet has grown comfortable in.

Colony Name: Zel Gwatab
Colony Location: 0I; 013
Colony Description:

The colonists of Zel Gwatab, translating directly to The Paradise in the Centian language, live comfortably in the dry, sprawling plains and plateaus that span the southern hemisphere of the planet. Zel Gwatab is the most scenic place in the system, sporting its highest mountains and most impressive canyons. The temperature and air humidity and moisture is generally a comfortable range for centu colonists, making it a the resort capital of the empire. The population boom of the planet occurred shortly after the first colonists settled, after discovering the superbly rich soil. Zel Gwatab is the bread basket of the Covenant.

Colony Name: Tw'Nwab
Colony Location: 0I; 013
Colony Description:

Tw'Nwab is a harsh colony. Its damp, rainy, and often cold climate is not suited to the centu biology. Bold pioneers first travelled to the planet a few decades ago in search of treasures and opportunities similar to those found on Zel Gwatab. What they found was not sprawling plains or vast, arid deserts but instead lush rainforests and chilling tundras. Many centu died from overhydration and loss of body temperature as they attempted to inhabit the planet, and many more when the dangerous wildlife of the planet showed itself for the first times. What kept the pioneers on Tw'Nwab was its vast mineral deposits, the richest in the solar system. Most centu on Tw'Nwab are frontier miners, and live a life expectancy several cycles less than their peers on other worlds.

Political System: Totalitarian Theocratic Triumverate
History: A brief history of your race.

Architecture and Geography:

The ancient City of the Prophets. Most of the city is subterranean, with massive pyramid structures jutting out of the earth. These pyramids are usually government buildings or wealthy estates.

Spacing Vessels:

Covenant Battlecruiser

Covenant Cruiser

Black Dove [San Twefor] Flagship

Dire Wolf [Le'asé Houd] Fighter

San'gralla Trade Station, in orbit around Crazan.

Uniforms:

Noteworthy Figures:

High Terminator Feh'suz

Prophet of Salvation

Prophet of Retribution

Prophet of Judgement
[img][/img]

Last edited by Donut on Mon May 27, 2013 2:45 am; edited 18 times in total
Donut

Aquarius Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: A'vani Total Covenant of Worlds (ATC)

Post by Blitz on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:54 am

hello welcome don't forget to finish your race

and then never even bother playing

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

please remember we need more people

John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Donut on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:52 pm

I should have the race completed by tomorrow. I do intend on playing, no worries. Smile
Donut

Back to top Go down

Post by Donut on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:18 am

Finished. I'll be jumping into the roleplay as soon as I figure out a good way to make my race's first appearance.
Donut

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 am

Actually I have a problem with the number of people in your race

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:28 am

also

did you just copy the race description from the me wikipedia's page for drell
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Donut on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:40 am

Blitz wrote:Actually I have a problem with the number of people in your race

I'll tone it down, though I don't see a problem with it considering as reptilians, the centu lay eggs and have multiple children in one batch, and they don't just lay eggs once, plus the fact that their population is spread out through three large worlds, one of which is covered almost totally in land.

Omni wrote:also

did you just copy the race description from the me wikipedia's page for drell

It's very temporary, I'm just using it as a basis for right now as the centu are based off the drell.
Donut

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:13 am

Ah, that's okay, then. I honestly borrowed big chunks of Valhallan culture wholesale from the Turians, so I can't really complain.
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:35 am

I never got the issue with high population. It doesn't mean he'll have more/stronger/faster ships or anything. It just means his units come from a lore reading of higher population with all its pros and cons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donut on Mon May 27, 2013 2:37 am

I'm back. I haven't posted in a few weeks due to real life stuff and, frankly, the forum slipped my mind. Forgive me Sad
Donut

Back to top Go down

Post by Double D on Thu May 30, 2013 6:25 am

only if you give lots of kisses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down