RECOVERED DOCUMENT: Donald Roddinger, Cryologist

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RECOVERED DOCUMENT: Donald Roddinger, Cryologist

Post by Bospy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 am

FUTURISM

RECOVERED DATA, UNCORRUPTED, ~2 MONTHS SINCE AWAKENING BREAK 39:30s;69:40e

My name is Donald Roddinger, serial number 05275. I was originally born in the United States, in a place called New York. I am a cryologist aboard the UNS Constellation, with the rank of Petty Officer First Class. Our ship, one out of one-thousand, was commissioned as a space "caravel", operating under something called the Alcubierre drive. A long time ago, maybe ten, twenty, or even thirty years ago, 100 people were called together at a space center. I was one of them. I didn't understand why they needed an expert with freezers, but then they showed me a picture of this clean, untouched ship that they said would take me to the stars. I was one of five people aboard tasked with staying asleep, waking up two months before everyone else, and taking control of the temperatures of the freezers manually. Plus, throw all of the dead who couldn't stand the cold out of the airlock. We had forty soldiers on standby to be waken up if we had any problems.

Two months ago, I woke up in my pod. Not on schedule. I woke up about a year later than I was supposed to. The four others guys who were supposed to wake up were still asleep. All of the cover locks to the cryo freezers were closed, and the funny thing was that the guy who knew how to unlock them was still asleep. The only other guys who knew how to do it were part of the other 95 crew who we were supposed to wake up. The artificial intelligence they had installed on the ship wasn't on. I had no dice turning it on. There were a bunch of other systems on the ship, but I had no fucking idea how to operate them.

It's been a long time. I've started to hear noises around the ship, but I think they're just in my head. I wake up and see things in the corner of my eye. I don't remember the last human conversation I had. Sometimes I speak to myself to remind myself of human voices. I don't know how long it's been, but I know that there is no going back.

I don't know when anyone else will wake up.

Maybe they'll find a skeleton.

RECOVERED DATA, CORRUPTED, 5 MONTHS SINCE WAKING UP, RECORD 8:32p;7:42e

It's been five months. I haven't spoken in so long that I feel my throat tightening up.

I guess I'll get settled in. I've been trying to get those pods open, I tried to break one open and just ended up busting my arm.

A couple months left, probably.

RECOVERED DATA, CORRUPTED, ??? SINCE WAKING UP, RECORD 2:36p;2:57e
The voices the voices they wont leave why wont the voices leave why wont they leave what did i do why wont the voices leave what did i do theyre never going to wake up the noises wake me up why wont the noises leave me alone

RECOVERED DATA, CORRUPTED, ~22 YEARS SINCE WAKING UP, RECORD 5:20p;105:43S
A continuous loop of the words:

IM SO SORRY

Last edited by Bospy on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Taurus Posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Re: RECOVERED DOCUMENT: Donald Roddinger, Cryologist

Post by xeanos on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 am

Short and sweet,

I like it.
xeanos

Back to top Go down