Dear reader.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dear reader.

Post by Muzzy on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Asking me how I got here is not a question I can currently answer, if that is to your disappointment.

Then again, I clearly outlined such in the application I penned and filed for consideration to the Civil Authority.

Ah, damn.

As a narrator I’m already off to a rickety start. In more ways than one, I think, but these are ways I won’t spend paragraphs going into for your sake. I considered telling a story about how bad of a narrator I am as a unit in Combine Civil Authority, but that idea is currently shelved. I don’t think they’d adapt that into a mini-series anyway.

Allow me to restart, and introduce myself, reader, as this is meant to flesh me out as a character trusted with such descriptive responsibility.

As a unit, I am simply recruit 592. As the character of this story, I am conscious of how boring I can potentially be on a general basis. That’s why, despite being punctual of my every-day duties I carry out like an industrial machine, I still manage to at least find material worth mentioning and putting into text.

These are the things I tend to churn up in my head as I stare at my feet in thought.

I’m starting to ramble now, and I don’t think such an undirected narration (it's not a soliloquy, by the way), in this setting, is something I can really exercise without seeming like the typical “slice of life” stories that crop up. Instead, I’ll describe the feet I stare at.

My feet are smaller than most. I wash them daily, as part of my hygienic routine. I make sure the socks are studiously washed and dried, and the jackboots are always shining so I’m presentable to the appraisal of any unit of higher rank. They’re also suspended around an estimate of eighty feet in the air. This pod has been cruising for several minutes now along a railing that is weaved around the city and Nexus proper.

A rickety start.

Asking me how I got here is not a question I can currently answer.

I was told posting this elsewhere is a waste. It's based on the HL2 universe through the prospective of a unit. I think everyone here would also appreciate the style more. Please criticize it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear reader.

Post by xeanos on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Reading pieces like this makes me kick myself. I really missed out on t.n.b when my friends like Blazing and Rat was around in it. Though, usually when I join (now adays) I just get really bored because nobody really roleplays with you. Well, they'll roleplay but, its just limited and they always seem busy. (apart from the wang gang who are glorious)

I like this piece and its a lot better than things I usually read on the internet. You should keep writing because I think you have skill.
xeanos

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:38 am

Thank you very much for reading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top