The Port City of Al Mith‘ab, on the Qatark Penninsula

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Port City of Al Mith‘ab, on the Qatark Penninsula

Post by Redeemer on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:00 pm

The fleet of galleys, now arriving at the port of Al Mith'ab, expected a large and extravagant arrival.  Some forward galleys have already arrived and have been unloading large crates of gold to exchange for food and lodgings for the royal body.  

The Royal Mother docks, and Bahador Mirza and his honor guard exit using the gangplank carved out of maple, decorated elegantly.  Word had already been sent to the Lord of Al Mith'ab a few days prior.

Redeemer

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port City of Al Mith‘ab, on the Qatark Penninsula

Post by Mother Superior on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:06 pm

They had wanted an extraordinary welcoming party, so that is what they had gotten. Royalty was on their shores, and the Qatarks would not have it any other way. A parade was in order, in fact it already had begun. They were dressed in white and were moving down the main avenue leading to the port. The masses had stopped just at the entrance of the "international" port, the human lord of the area, Hedyar, had come forward with his own honor guard. They had left three meters spaced between their formation and Mirza's. The lord had stepped forward and bowed.

"Welcome to our wonderful city of Al Mith‘ab! I welcome you on behalf of Zaman Ra'd, and the people of Qatark itself! I am the lord of this city, Hedyar. If there is anything you need during your stay in the city, you are to come to me! You and your men are welcome to stay with me and family in our compound, if you wish, but it is all up to you."

Hedyar bows and comes to his regular posture, a smile along his face as he awaits a response from the foreign royalty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Redeemer on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:39 pm

The Mirza bows in response to Lord Hedyar, presenting himself far more humble than his royal blood would normally allow.

"I am truly thankful for this hospitality. It would be a privilege to be allowed to lodge with such a fine, noble lord such as yourself. I apologize if it seems I wish to rush to your fine compound, but after one spends weeks aboard a vessel one grows very envious of the finer things in life. Shall we begin our trek?"

Redeemer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Hedyar offers yet another bow, coming to his slouched stance once again.

"Why yes, if you and your people could follow me. We will start there now, there is a feast being prepared as we speak."

Yet again, the lord of the city bows and turns on his heel. He beckons the Mirza to follow, coming to the head of the parade, marching off and towards the compound at the edge of the city's center. The walls of the compound were tall and made of sandstone, there was a large iron gate at the front of the compound, a small fountain in the center with a villa situated at the back. It stood at three stories, various balconies and a dome in the center. The gates opened and the family of the lord as well as the entourage of the Mirza passed through the gates.

"Your room is waiting for you, my servant will show you the way."

With that a short man dressed in white linens came forward and bowed, he came to his full height afterward and beckoned the Mirza to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top